Resetting the Xbox one to factory default settings is the best way to get rid of all the technical problems. Apart from it while selling the gaming console to anyone it is necessary to remove all the details associated with our Xbox live or the game data stored in it. While performing the factory reset the users will get two options “reset and remove everything” & “reset and keep my games and apps” respectively.
It all depends on the purpose for which the factory reset is performed, in case you’re performing it before selling the console then “reset and remove everything” can be chosen. On the other hand, if the purpose of factory reset is troubleshooting then make sure to connect and take a proper backup in Xbox live.
As all the saved file and data will be lost even after selecting the option “reset and keep my games and apps”. There are two main methods from which factory reset is performed which are mentioned below in this post.
Effective Methods to Reset Any Xbox One
With the help of settings in Xbox One
- Open Main Menu after pressing the “X” button on the controller.
- Go to “settings” with the help of gear-shaped icon & select “all settings” through “A” button.
- Scroll down and select “system” option & then “console info” after pressing “A” button.
- Now select the option “reset console” with the help of “A” button.
- There are two options “reset and remove everything” & “reset and keep my games and apps”.
- Select the option of your choice with “A” button and finish resetting the Xbox one.
With the help of USB Drive
- Attach the USB pen drive with the computer.
- Now download after you click www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorfactorydefaults
- Extract the zip folder in your computer.
- Copy the file name “$SystemUpdate” in the USB drive from the extracted folder.
- Now remove the pen drive from the computer.
- First, disconnect the ethernet cable or Wi-Fi in the case connected.
- Switch off the Xbox one and remove the power plug as well.
- Now wait for 30 seconds and leave the Xbox unplugged.
- After 30 seconds connect Xbox one with the power source.
- Now connect the USB drive with the help of USB port available on Xbox One.
- Press and keep holding the bind+eject button and then press the power button.
- After holding the bind+eject button for continuous 15 seconds a power-up sound will come.
- Now release both the buttons.
- Wait till the process of restart will complete and then disconnect the USB drive.
- Now the Xbox one will go through factory reset process and will take some time to finish.
With the help of these two methods as mentioned above, Xbox users can perform a factory reset on their respective gaming consoles. Sometimes factory reset is the solution left which helps restore the device to its original state. That’s why it is necessary to know how you can reset the Xbox one in case of facing certain issues and problems while playing favourite Xbox games. However, make sure to take a proper backup after syncing the console with Xbox live which helps in protecting the personal game files and saved data on Xbox.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!