The official apps, do acquire a lot of space and its usability drains the battery soon. To overcome this problem, there are some Android applications available that let’s one creates, the lite apps of your favorite apps.
These lite applications, render the same functionality and additionally, the user gets various other options to add on new features to enhance the fun and ease the workability. Therefore, let’s dig into the process as to how one can create a lite version of their desired Android apps.
How one can create a lite version of any Android app
- First of all, you need to download and install the ‘Hermit’ application on your Android mobile. This application works great in the devices having Lollipop and up.
- Now simply open the application and have a glance on all its features. As an example, let’s create a lite version of Reddit. With the aid of the free version, one can create only 2 lite apps. For as to acquire the accessibility for the unlimited apps, you need to go for the premium version. Therefore, open ‘sidebar’ and click on ‘create’.
- Now the user will be able to see the list of applications that is been supported by the ‘Hermit’. One can also go for creating up a custom URL if it doesn’t find the service in the list. The services that are popular are listed and can be easily accessed. All you need to do is tap on service and you’ll find that the list gets opened.
- Now alter the name of the new lite application, a popup box will get displayed, click ‘create’ on it.
- Therefore, on the launcher home screen, the user can find the lite application. Simply tap on the icon as we head now towards customizing it.
- Next, tap on the settings icon and click ‘customize’ from the sidebar. The user also gets an option for the Block Ads. one can also remove the frame and it is suggestible that you opt for Frameless. It will cater the user with the complete feel of the app except for the status bar present at the top.
- The user can also opt for its lite app behaviour. For example, turn off the tracking and hence, you can easily enable the mode of data saver. For lite applications, there are many options available. If you want to alter the theme, the status bar and frame colour could be altered. The user can even change the icon of that of the application as the options are available and also it can make use of the launcher to change the icon.
- Using the service of the Notification RSS feeds, the user could integrate the notifications to that of its lite app.
Hence, before saving the feed do test it properly.
If you desire to create a lite version of your application to save your battery from draining too early, follow the above-mentioned steps. Hence, for achieving your endeavour, ‘Hermit’ is the best tool for Android devices. Therefore, try out the lite version of the applications and share your experience.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!