Instagram has simplified the process of searching users after introducing the Nametag feature. The feature resembles Snapcode of Snapchat which allows users to scan the Nametag. So that they can search and follow Instagram users in everyday life.
The Nametag is a unique code provided to all Instagram users by default. They can send or share the Nametag with other users to follow them quickly without the need to search the username.
Everything you need to know about Instagram Nametag
Without any spelling errors or typing mistakes in the search bar, every single Instagram user can simply scan the Nametag to follow any account of their liking. To know more about this feature go through the steps as mentioned below which helps you view and customize the Nametag on Instagram.
How to open and view the Nametag
- Launch the “Instagram” app and visit the “profile page”.
- Now tap on “three-bar icon” on the top right.
- Then go to “Nametag” option under the same menu.
- Tap on “Nametag” option to open it.
- Now you can view the Nametag on the device screen.
How to customize the Nametag
- Open the “Nametag” and tap on the “colour” option on the top.
- It will provide options to change the background colour.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to explore different colour palettes.
- Then tap again on the “colour” to enter in “emoji” mode.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to open the emoji section.
- To change the emoji background again click on “emoji” option at the top.
- Tap twice to open the “sticker” option and then click a selfie.
- Now set the selfie as thumbnails in Nametag background.
- If you’re still unsatisfied with the background, then tap “retake” option.
- It will reset the background to default and you can again start fresh.
How to scan Nametag
- Go to the “Story” tab after swiping in the right direction from the Instagram home screen.
- Alternatively, tap on “camera” option available on the top left.
- Set the camera angle towards Nametag and press long to scan it.
- Then you’ll get two options to “follow” or “view” profile.
- Another method is to go to the “search tab”.
- Then you’ll find a small icon on the top right.
- After you tap the icon, the scan screen will open now point the camera to scan it.
- Even scan option is also available on the profile screen.
- Just go to “profiles” and tap on “scan a Nametag” option at the bottom.
How to share the Nametag
- Go to “profile” page and tap on “three-bar icon”.
- Now open “Nametag” option.
- Now search for the “share” option available on the top right.
- Tap the “share” option to get multiple options for sharing on different platforms.
With the help of all these useful tips, all Instagram lovers can start using the new Nametag feature and even can customize it accordingly. The feature is pretty useful for users who like to view and add different Instagram users instantly. The feature seems to be similar to Snapchat and Facebook as every single user can instantly scan the Nametag to check the profile of other users. However, it is also possible to search the username as well apart from scanning the Nametag of the person you’ve met.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!