Apple has always tried to deliver something different and is committed to providing unique features and facilities to users. Just like FaceTime which is one of the oldest feature added in iPhones having a front-facing camera. The feature has continuously evolved since which includes audio calling facility added in it later. Initially, users could talk to only one person with this feature, but now with the latest update 12.1, Apple has added a long-awaited feature which is group FaceTime calls.
Earlier group FaceTime calling feature was available in beta testing versions which are later removed to prepare it for the final release. Then after a long gap, the feature is finally made available for all iOS users, but first, they need to update the device with the latest 12.1 version.
The feature provides the facility to connect up to 30 people at the same time, either through FaceTime calling app or iMessage. If you too have long waited for this feature then just follow the steps as mentioned below and start using this great feature in your iOS device right now.
Easy ways to join and make group FaceTime calls through iOS devices
With the help of the FaceTime app
- Launch the “FaceTime” app on your iOS device.
- Now press the “+” button available on the top right corner.
- Type the details like “name” and “number” of the contact to start a call.
- Keep adding the contacts, as you can add up to “30” contacts at a time.
- Now tap either on “video” or “audio” to connect FaceTime call.
With the help of Messages
- Go to “messages” either in your iPhone or iPad.
- Now you can tap on “group conversation” or even can create a new one in the options.
- Then tap on “avatars” of multiple participants to add in a call from the top of the screen.
- At the end simply tap on “FaceTime” to connect the call.
Steps to join a Group FaceTime call
- Go to “Messages” on your iOS device.
- Then tap on “group conversation” option including an open FaceTime call.
- Tap on the “Join” button highlighted in green colour under “FaceTime message bubble”.
- It will start the group FaceTime call instantly.
With group FaceTime calling feature it’s become relatively easy for all Apple users to connect with multiple people at the same time. Those iOS users having the updated 12.1 version can add participants and join the ongoing group call with ease through FaceTime app and iMessages. It is a feature all Apple users were waiting for long and finally after a series of tests Group FaceTime call feature has finally released to all users in the latest 12.1 iOS update. So if you’re also one of the iOS users and have updated the iOS devices with latest 12.1 updates then you’re all set to use the group FaceTime calling feature, so go ahead and make the best use of it.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!