User profiles are primarily the pile of the folders that contain the personal preferences, documents and other stuff stored on your computer. Therefore with each user account, there is the user profile linked with. The user profiles have a chance that they could get corrupted, leading to ample of issues. Some issues may include – not appropriately performing Microsoft Edge and even the start menu.
The user can any instant of time could easily remove its existing account and can create a new one or in case if it desires to keep it up as a default, then it could delete up its profile without having to push off the account.
The user needs to make sure that the account he is holding contains the administrative privileges or not, as he/she would not be able to wipe out the profile of the active account. If you’re looking to delete the user profile, this article helps.
How To Delete A User Profile On Windows 10
- First of all, you need to press Windows + R. Now the run dialogue box would get displayed on the screen. Now input the command, ‘SystemPropertiesAdvanced’ in that of the text box and hit ‘enter’.
- Now you will find that the ‘Advanced System Properties’ will get open. Hence, you would now find a settings button that is present in the user profiles section Therefore, hit on ‘settings’ button.
- Now visit the user profiles Window and opt the user’s account profile and then hit the ‘delete’ button.
- Next, give the confirmation to the request.
- Now you’ll find that profile of the user account would get deleted.
Now when the users log into the system, his profile will automatically be recreated along with the entire default options as well as settings.
It might seem interesting to you that you can also delete the user profile on Windows 10 manually with the encompassment of File Explorer as well as the Registry editor app.
How To Delete A User Profile Manually On Windows 10
- First of all, open up the File Explorer.
- Now navigate to the folder c:\users and simply search the name that you wish to delete. The folder would be containing the entire information pertaining to that of the profile of the user. Hence, just delete the folder.
- Next, open up the Registry Editor and visit the registry key.
- Now checkout the subkeys.
- For each and every subkey, the user is required to search for the value data. As you get one that signifies for the user profiles which is to be deleted, simply remove it off.
The Bottom Line
Hope this article must have solved your purpose of getting a way out so as to how to delete a user profile in Windows 10. We tried to furnish you with the simplest method, following which one can facilely wipe out the user profile without getting stuck with user account switching problem. Please share your reviews with us as they boost us to cater our readers with more interesting contents.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!