Windows 10 is perhaps the latest and one of the best editions from Microsoft. It is only getting better and better with time. With latest updates released in April 2018, Microsoft has added timeline feature in Windows 10. The feature is not new and similar to the task view, but the timeline feature provides freedom to users to view & store all the activity and history. From browsing history to the apps opened on Windows all activities get stored in desktop and Microsoft cloud which allow users to resume the work fluently.
The feature is even useful for users who like to work remotely on different systems and devices. Under this feature, Windows users will get useful notifications from Cortana which helps them complete the left out process without endlessly searching for it.
However, at any point users want to delete the activity and history then also Microsoft allows them to do it. Every single Windows users can remove all the activity with the help of a few simple steps which is as mentioned below in this post.
Simple ways to manage the activity and history on Windows PC
Steps to clear Windows activity and history on desktop
- Open “settings” on Windows PC.
- Go to the “privacy” option.
- Select “activity history” from the list.
- Now just below the “activity history” option you’ll find “clear” button.
- Click the “clear” button to remove all the history and activity.
- To restrict Windows from collecting the browsing data and activity history, go to the “collect activities” option.
- Slide the switch to turn off the option “let Windows collect my history”.
Steps to view and delete history from Microsoft cloud
- Go to “settings” and then select the “privacy” option.
- Now click “activity history” and select the option “manage my activity info”.
- A new window will open with a message asking to login with Microsoft account.
- Alternatively, visit this page directly after entering the address “account.microsoft.com/privacy/activity-history”.
- Now you can see the list of activity and history listed in categories.
- Its relatively easy to clear “location activity”, “search history”, “browsing history” and much more.
- Press the “clear data” button under each category to remove it from Cloud storage.
- Again press “clear” button to confirm the deletion.
- Even you can filter the list after selecting the “activity history tab” to simplify the process.
Microsoft has explicitly mentioned that the stored data is limited to only users and is not shared with any third party. Still, if any user doesn’t want Microsoft to collect the personal activity and browsing history then they can turn off the feature in “collect activities” option with the help of simple steps as mentioned above. The main aim of Microsoft in collecting the data is to simplify the working procedure and let users carry on the process exactly from where they’ve left it. Fortunately, Microsoft has provided the option to users if they want to keep storing the data or want to delete it from computer and cloud storage.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!