Digitalization is at its peak and so the use of business collaboration tools for managing multiple projects smoothly on-the-go. MS Excel is long ago pushed back by Google Sheets and now it’s time for the all-new platform – “Airtable” to take over.
“Airtable” is a new entrant in the community of cloud-based collaboration & work management tools for executing projects anywhere anytime. Keep reading here to get the complete idea about it.
What is ‘Airtable’?
As being said, ‘Airtable’ is smart online collaboration software for businesses and individuals to organize work in a better way. It works through creating spreadsheets for managing and organizing data all at one place. It’s free and suitable for all types of organizations – small or large. For pro usage, premium plans are also available with added features and extra storage.
Salient Features of ‘Airtable’
‘Airtable’ is increasingly used by forward-looking companies due to its wonderful work-friendly features. Although, the basic idea of ‘Airtable’ is similar to that of Google Sheets and MS Excel but there’re many eye-opening features that escalate the entire work process.
- Unlike Google Sheets, ‘Airtable’ offers to view a spreadsheet in different styles to choose the one that suits the best to your business needs.
- It’s best for companies involved in planning events or dealing with multiple projects.
- Various predefined templates to save you design everything from scratch.
- Each and every spreadsheet template comes with different customizable tabs, which are wisely drafted in context with the layout. For e.g., if anyone is trading in ‘Mobile’ gadgets, fields like ‘Colors’, ‘Model numbers’, ‘Brands’, ‘Price’ etc comes already embedded. This saves time and aids to get started readily. And the options are there to customize easily.
- Traders and Manufacturers can calculate the reorder and stock quantity in a jiff.
- ‘Airtable’ has its own security checks and make use of encryption technology to keep data safe and secure.
- Far from Google Sheets, ‘Airtable’ facilitate to attach docs, pictures, videos and other files.
- It better helps in designing project pipelines, asset management and planning resource allocation.
Pros of Using ‘Airtable’
- Has got nice spreadsheet designs.
- Can add any number of team members.
- Easy to work with other apps in integration with Zapier.
- Featured with formula builder for quick computing.
- Enough storage for keeping a large database.
- User-friendly interface.
Cons of Using ‘Airtable’
- Limited colour options.
- Editing lengthy text fields is little glitchy.
Is ‘Airtable’ killing Google Sheets and MS Excel: Conclusion
Even though, Google Sheets is still largely in use, the fact that ‘Airtable’ providing cutting edge features is explicit. ‘Airtable’ is primarily designed to offer great convenience and advanced features to team up in real time.
With affordable and fast internet connectivity today, businesses are always looking for advancement and ‘Airtable’ is one such tool to accomplish desired goals. Create your ‘Airtable’ account today and experience the most flexible and efficient work handling.
This’s Mark Contreras based on Calfornia, started working as an App developer in NY, now pursuing my passion for blogging in technology. To make rooting and related tasks simple, I started this blog. Btw, I cook tasty food!